Our vision is encapsulated in our federation motto 'All Together Better'.
At Woodside Academy, our community works together towards achieving our shared goal of individual and collective excellence. Our high quality, highly-motivated and fully trained team will inspire and deliver a rich and vibrant learning experience within Woodside and beyond.
The purpose of our school is to provide an excellent educational experience for every child which enables them to understand the world and their place in it. This is underpinned by our four commitments to excellence:
- Altogether Inclusive: a deep understanding of inclusion which permeates the whole school community and all we do
- Altogether Connected: connecting each member of the school community to the wider world
- Altogether Creative: each pupil can express themselves through a rich and varied curriculum and take plentiful opportunities to develop their own skills and talents
- Altogether Resilient: building resilience so that we can overcome obstacles and challenges, take risks and act with courage
For all Woodside pupils to be excellently prepared for the next stage of their development by raising the achievement of all children and young people to develop their communication skills so that through life they:
- are heard
- are informed
- can make meaningful choices.
Enabling all Woodside children and young people to develop greater independence, (and autonomy), and strong social connections through:
- the awareness and management of self
- their awareness and relationships with others.
To ensure that all children and young people are equipped with the skills, knowledge and understanding to keep themselves safe in reality and with developing technology.
To provide a rich, vibrant, person-centred curriculum which is tailored to individual need, ability and wellbeing, and which encompasses ambitious academic and holistic aspirations.
To develop strong, professional expertise, characterised by collaboration, in order to meet the needs of all Woodside pupils throughout their journey towards adulthood.