All young people will receive a planned programme of Careers, education, information and guidance that will be tailored to the individual’s needs at Woodside Academy. This will aid and support transition into their next stage of education or employment. We aim to ensure that all young people will gain the qualities, skills, knowledge and experience required to progress in their chosen career pathway.
Woodside Academy is committed to the Gatsby Benchmarks where by all young people will have a high quality programme of career led workshops and embedded transferable skills:
- Individual career guidance interviews
- A personal profile which documents exposure to work related learning and work experience
- Enterprise activities to support course/employment applications and CV’s
- The opportunity to use career based learning and experiences to help guide them to make informed choices regarding their future
- The opportunity to attend a local FE college provision as part of the planned curriculum for Key Stage 4
- Meaningful and relevant interaction with industry representatives both in school and off site, which could include workshops, site visits and guest speakers.
Our Career Leader is: Steven Jenkins
For further information on our careers programme, please contact Lisa Stone.
Click here to view list of examinations available.
To view our Career Policy click here.
Click here to view Local College Open Days 2022/2023
Click here to view Nido Volans Coffee Morning Dates for Autumn Term 2022
Click here to view Decisions - Bexley Post 16 directory 2023-2024